Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Impactful Living – GLOW

by Jodi Sell

Glow-Leadership.com

What is the impact I make on the world?  This question was recently ‘tossed’ out to me and I have been pondering this profound question.  Do we truly understand the POWER we possess to positively impact the world each and every day?  I see this power as a beautiful glow consisting of all that is true, meaningful, and free.  We each possess this power and have the amazing opportunity to choose to live it every moment.

At the center of this incredible power is a truth that each of us possesses.  This truth holds our core beliefs, values and ultimately steers us daily.  The choices we make in our daily activities, in connections with others, and our future endeavors are driven by our truth.  I assimilate connecting to your truth to taking blinders off of your eyes.  One sees the world around them more clearly and has a deeper understanding of not only themselves, but of those around them.  A magnificent and an overwhelming compassion envelopes you, burns inside you in such a way that you literally shine.

When one is connected to their truth, life becomes more meaningful.  With a deeper understanding of your values and why you do what you do causes one to look at their life in a different way.  Movements, choices, actions become more intentional….there is a purpose.  One may not know or be able to see the purpose, but trusts the truth that drives them.  The phrase ‘there is a reason for everything’ immediately comes to mind, knowing and believing there is a bigger picture that you are a part of.  What a phenomenal concept….to know that you are a significant part of something larger than what you see in front of you.  This deeper understanding causes your glow to shine brighter and radiate.

There is an extraordinary freedom that encompasses you when you have connected to your truth and discovered the deeper meaning to living.  This freedom provides one the opportunity to ‘let go’ of the concept of control.  We all need certainty….certainty that all is well and everything will turn out okay.  What can we be certain of?  I know that I am certain that my truth IS MY TRUTH.  I believe, have faith, and know with all of my heart that I’m led by my truth.  Knowing this provides a freedom to live my purpose and let go of the need to control or have to know the details of the next step.  Walking in freedom provides the opportunity for your glow to ripple out to others.

What is the impact I make on the world?  I GLOW….connected to my truth, living with an understanding that there is a purpose in everything I do and that I am a significant piece of the larger picture provides a freedom to move and act without having to know all the details.  We all possess the POWER of our own GLOW.  I choose to live in my GLOW each and every day and have a passion to connect with others and provide opportunities for them to GLOW.  What is the impact you make on the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment